Friday 3 August 2007

Well, I was wrong

As it turns out, yesterday afternoon was much better than expected. While it rained (again) we made peg aeroplanes and little peg people to eat at the playdough tea tables - in fact, we made a peg family like us that I'm thinking of using as on-line images. Then, I walked the children for MILES (well, about a mile anyway) up past my old primary school to the park. An hour at the park, with a cable causeway about the right size for little boys, kept everyone entertained and the walk home again left them all hungry for tea and tired enough to go to bed.

It worked remarkably well! Another walk all the way around the village this morning - past the infant school and nursery, down the Deanway, into the Co-op (ice creams were necessary by this point), a quick go on the swings then over the (dry) river, down past the pub and the church, back up the side of the churchyard and up the steep hill home for lunch. Phew. For the first time this holiday the children came home and flopped while I got the lunch on the table rather than running around causing mayhem. Mind you, I feel like I've run a marathon....

No comments: