Sunday 7 October 2007

More about Piccallili

When I said later, I didn't think I meant this much later! Anyway, the piccallili was made, and it's something of a triumph. In truth, I'd prefer the sauce thicker and the vegetables more crunchy (note to self: trust instincts when cooking. I read the recipe and thought 'a tablespoon of flour won't be enough to thicken that much liquid' and lo, I was right. It wasn't.). The best thing about it is it's My Piccallili, Mr Wisteria likes it very much, and I can now put a lunch on the table that's entirely homemade apart from the cheese (I think that's overdoing it a bit).

Meanwhile, in the Wisteria household, those of you following Whitzend The Blog will have noticed that we've got to the carpet stage. We're SO nearly done, but not quite yet. This afternoon's tasks mean emptying the toy boxes that were filled last week to clear the playroom enough for the carpet to go down. Some of the Will Have To Go, though it cause tears and tantrums. Young Master #1 has lost his first tooth. Young Master #2 asked another corker of a question this morning. As he cycled past me at the playground, he shouted 'Mummy, do spiders poo?'. A reasonable question, and one I can't currently answer. Little Miss appears to be dropping her lunchtime nap, dammit, but we're coping.

Off now to clean the fridge we've sold - don't think the buyer wants the crunchy bits, or the finger marks!

No comments: